2859
Image 0 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 1 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 2 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 3 - Chiesa di S. Andrea

Chiesa di S. Andrea

Description

The current church, very large and solemn, was rebuilt in 1830 on a previous building which also belonged to the bell tower bearing brands of craftsmanship of 1530 and 1543.


Inside, in front of the baptismal font, a wrought iron gate from the 17th century; on the walls oil paintings by Paolo Deschwanden of Stans (1811-1881). The painting of the Assumption is the work of a 17th century mannerist.
The church was restored in 1992-96 (architect Mattia Pedrini).