A family, a story, a great wine
Let’s discover the Bianchi family’s organic farm. Located in Arogno since 1998, the farm has been handed down from one generation to the next, remaining in the family at all times. The Bianchi family produces wine, Sambì (also known as the “Champagne of the poor”), honey and by-products in a sustainable way and with great respect for biodiversity. Indeed, all their products boast Bio Suisse certification. After enjoying some enchanting views of Lake Lugano, our guided tour will also introduce us to the unique landscapes of the beautiful Mara Valley. Lastly, we will also visit the village of Rovio, where more pleasant surprises await us.
Days of the week: Monday to Saturday
Next dates: 18 May; 7, 21 June; 5, 19 July; 2, 16, 30 August; 13 September; 11, 25 October. Other dates on request.
Availability: all year round subject to booking
Duration: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Other times on request
Languages: I - D - F - E - S - P
Participants: min. 10, max. 30 participants
Wheelchair accessibility: yes, with some tricky areas
Method of transport: private minibus
The tour can also be done by e-bike on request.
Included in the price CHF 70 per person without transport / CHF 125 per person with private transport: bilingual guide, visit to the Bianchi winery with tasting of 3 wines accompanied by cold meats and cheese, visit to the village of Rovio and local artist’s studio.
Booking essential: [email protected]
Guide meeting points:
- 9:30 a.m.: main entrance of Lugano SBB train station
- 9:45 a.m.: main entrance of Melide SBB train station
- 9.55 a.m.: main entrance of Maroggia-Melano SBB train station. Departure for Val Mara.
Plan for the day:
- 10:15 a.m.: arrival, tour of the winery and tasting of three wines with local appetisers
- 11.30 a.m.: continue to Rovio
- 12:45 p.m.: return to Maroggia Melano/Melide/Lugano
- 1:30 p.m.: arrival in Lugano