The mountain Refuge Salei can be found in the pasture fields of Val Onsernone, 1.777 metres above sea level, a short walking distance from the homonym little lake Salei, famous for its panoramic view, stretching as far as lake Maggiore. Once a dairy farm, the original stone building restored in 1993, is supervised by the guardians from May to October. There is a comfortable terrace, perfect place to relax and taste the homemade local cooking and delicious cakes prepared by the guardians. Services include running water, solar panels for lighting and toilet. Easily-accessible by the closed cableway Zott-Salei, the refuge can also be reached by walking trails that start from the local villages in the valley. Access to mount Munzelüm and mount Pilone is also possible from the refuge.
Opening period, prices and other information: click here.
- SIZE Number rooms: 3, Number of beds: 10
- LOCATION A few minutes from the lake and river , In the mountains , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Guarded hut , Meals on request , Booking required , Breakfast service , Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Mobile network , Heating
- VENUES Accommodation for groups