The SAC mountain hostel on the verge of the Robièi landscape with the many lakes offers a spectacular view deep down to Val Bavona and across the glacier up to Basòdino. The cabin is easily accessible by the aerial cableway from San Carlo and thus an ideal place for families. Visitors hike around the lakes, ascend summits and cross Passo di Cristallina to Val Bedretto and towards Airolo.
Construction in masonry built in 1927 completely restored in 1992.
2 floors for a total of 39 places. In winter only a floor of 30 beds is available.
The region of the Basodino (where hunting is forbidden) is populated by numerous wild animals as the marmots, which can be often be seen not far away from the hut; the steinbocks and the chamoises who live on the crests of Arzo and of the Poncione of Braga.
In this zone there are also numerous caves and an underground rivers, called Water of the Peacock, which flows above the Zött lake. Besides the territory is particularly rich of alpine natural little ponds (White Lake, Black Lake, Matörgn Lake, Sfondau Lake) easily accessible.
Opening period, prices and other information: click here.
- SIZE Number rooms: 7, Number of beds: 39
- LOCATION A few minutes from the lake and river , In the mountains , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Guarded hut , Meals on request , Booking required , Breakfast service , Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Mobile network , Heating , Telephone
- VENUES Suitable for families , Accommodation for groups