Our restaurant offers the best in Italian cuisine, typical mountain dishes, as well as vegetarian and VEGAN cooking. Our menu follows the changing of the seasons. We use many organic, locally-sourced ingredients. We love "cruelty-free" cuisine. That's why Chalet Stella Alpina is "the kitchen with a heart".
Our specialities include the now famous, incomparable risotto of blueberries from the valley and Porcini mushrooms, fresh, homemade, eggless pasta, Stella Alpina polenta, with gorgonzola, eggs and smoked bacon, as well as pizzoccheri pasta, braised meat with buckwheat polenta, ossobuco with risotto, special cheese fondues and endless desserts made by our chefs. A great number of VEGAN and vegetarian dishes. Age-old local specialities like Pizzocan from Valle Bedretto. Here you will discover refined, unusual cuisine which values tradition.
LACTOFREE and GLUTENFREE dishes are available.
The dining rooms with their large, antique, larch fireplace face onto large panoramic terraces and their capacity, up to 70 people, in addition to the Internet Wi-Fi connection, make them ideal also for company seminars, events, receptions and wedding banquets.
Our wine cellar proposes the best Italian and TICINESE WINES.
The wine list includes a vast selection of wines chosen by us and produced by ORGANIC, BIODYNAMIC and VEGAN winemakers.
- ORGANIC WINES, produced by certified winemakers, that follow strict production and cultivation procedures that exclude the use of synthetic pesticides or chemical fertilisers
- BIODYNAMIC WINES, that is, produced without the use of synthetic mineral fertilisers and chemical pesticides, in soil which is managed following the cosmic and lunar cycles using plant matters as fertilisers, crop rotation, mechanical pest control and mineral- and plant-based pesticides
- VEGAN WINES, that is, produced without the use of: gelatine obtained from animal substances, egg white or animal blood albumins, fish glue or bone glue. These two substances are used to lighten almost all red wines, while in the case of vegan wines exclusively mineral or plant origin substances (e.g. agar-agar or alginates) are used
- TYPE OF VENUE Tavern , Restaurant
- TYPE OF CUISINE Italian , Ticinese
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- LOCATION In the mountains , Quiet , Close to the bus stop , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Bike Friendly
- VENUES Suitable for families , Private parking , Balcony