Welcome to la Peonia.
Peonia, peony in English is a flower that brings luck and makes marriages happy. It stands for love, peace and passion.
The inn (Osteria con alloggio) la Peonia cares for its guests and would like them to enjoy both peaceful nature and healthy food.
This small hotel at 1,100 metres above sea level is strategically located:
- a 9-km mountain road leads to Mendrisio, the closest town;
- a 10-minute walk takes you to Bellavista station. A cogwheel railway connects Capolago - stazione (at 273 m) to la Vetta, the peak of Monte Generoso (1,704 m)
- a 90-minute hike takes you to la Vetta, where the spectacular Fiore di Pietra (Stone Flower) , a tourist establishment designed by the world-famous Ticinese architect Mario Botta, welcomes you;
- a 2-hour walk takes you to La grotta dell'orso (Bear's Cave), on the Italian side;
From there you can go on several different hikes, suitable for families as well as more experienced hikers. Bikers can also enjoy a choice of tracks (pay parking facilities, 170 parking spaces).
Milanka and Richi have decided to take up a new challenge in their lives and are ready to work together for a successful new Osteria con alloggio la Peonia.
In a homelike atmosphere the inn offers good food and comfortable accommodation.
Families with kids will appreciate the wonderful playground surrounding the building. The equipment is mostly made of wood, coming from the nearby trees.
- OPENING 19.03 - 30.11
Monday: Chiuso / Geschlossen / Fermé / Closed
Tuesday: 08.00 - 23.00
Wednesday: 08.00 - 23.00
Thursday: 08.00 - 23.00
Friday: 08.00 - 23.00
Saturday: 08.00 - 23.00
Sunday: 08.00 - 23.00
- TYPE OF VENUE Tavern
- TYPE OF CUISINE Ticinese
- LOCATION In the mountains , Quiet
- SERVICES Animals allowed
- VENUES Suitable for families , Garden , Private parking , Balcony
- FACILITIES free Wi-Fi