With its distinctive Belle Époque façade dominating the promenade, the hotel became one of Lugano’s landmarks promptly after its inauguration in 1887. Marble lobby and hallways, stunning frescoes, Murano chandeliers: the charm of the 19th century has remained intact, while the long heritage of hospitality ensures a warm, familiar atmosphere that makes it a perfect home-away-from-home.
The enchanting setting, on the shores of Lake Lugano, offers idyllic views over the lake and the Alpine landscape, while remaining just a few minutes’ stroll along the tree-shaded promenade from the center.
The new gastronomic restaurant, I Due Sud, rediscovers the traditional flavors of South of Switzerland and combines them with those of South of Italy. With this culinary bridge Executive Chef Domenico Ruberto has already been distinguished by GaultMillau as Rising Chef 2018 in Ticino.
La Veranda restaurant combines tradition and innovation offering a savory interpretation of Mediterranean cuisine.
Partner Ticino Ticket
Overnighting here you receive the Ticino Ticket which includes free public transport in the entire Canton, every single day of your stay. It further offers advantages on the access to cable cars, navigations and main tourist attractions of the Ticino.
- SIZE Number rooms: 93, Number of beds: 176
- ASSOCIATIONS AND CATEGORIES GastroTicino
- HOTELLERIESUISSE Quality label QQQ
- LOCATION Central , Lakeside , Close to Lugano Airport , Close to the bus stop , Close to the railway station , View on the lake , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Main credit cards accepted , Animals allowed , Open in Winter , Restaurant , Shuttle Service
- VENUES Suitable for families , Lift , Private garage , Historical monument , Private parking , Meeting room , Suitable for conferences, seminars (technical equipment on request) and banquets
- FACILITIES Air conditioning , Bathroom , Rooms with private bathroom , Shower , Minibar , Telephone , TV , free Wi-Fi