DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
- Sieve the flour for the pastry;
- Toast the pumpkin seeds with no added fat;
- Clean the pumpkin;
- Peel the pears and cut them into quarters, then brush them with lemon juice;
- Great the orange rind.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour;
- Add the salt, water and oil;
- Work it together thoroughly until you have a smooth and homogeneous mixture;
- Shape it into a ball and leave it to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Grate the pumpkin and pears with a rösti grater;
- Brown it all in a little butter in a non-stick pan for approx. 10 minutes;
- Add salt, pepper and the orange rind;
- Leave to cool;
- Mix in the ricotta, eggs, almonds, flour and sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C;
- Roll out the dough as thinly as possible;
- Fill the strudel, scattering pumpkin seeds over the mixture, and roll up;
- Place the strudel on an oven tray lined with baking parchment and brush with melted butter;
- Bake in the oven for approx. 50 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla sauce on the side.
N.B.: the mixture should be dry. Add more almonds or flour if it is too wet.
A recipe reworked by the SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).