5137

Oratori

n the territory of Quinto there are several oratories; each hamlet has its own small religious building. 
The oratory of SS. Cornelio and Cipriano, in the hamlet of Altanca, is a reconstruction from the beginning of the 17th century; however, its origins seem to be much more remote. Inside there are 18th century stuccoes and paintings by Calgari (1850). An altar in carved and painted wood from 1813 frames a seventeenth-century Crucifixion. Paliotto with patrons. In the chapel on the right, a 17th century gilded altar with a small temple tabernacle bearing a Last Supper on the door; in the chapel on the opposite side, a statue of the Virgin (late 16th century). Around the church there is a small cemetery. 
The small oratory in the hamlet of Catto is dedicated to Saint Ambrose. In Deggio there are two oratories: one dedicated to St. Martin and another dedicated to St. Catherine and Barbara, rebuilt after the fire of 1786. The carved and gilded wooden altar dates back to the 19th century; the wooden statues of the Madonna with Child and the patron saints date back to the 16th century. 
In Lurengo, the oratory dedicated to S. Maria Immacolata has stuccoes in the vault of the choir and 17th century frescoes. 
In the district of Quinto there are also the oratories of St. Nicholas (in Ambrì below), St. Charles and Julius (in Piotta), St. Roch (in Varenzo), St. Anthony Abbot (in Ronco), which contain statues dedicated to their patrons. Also in Ambrì above the church of SS. Maccabei, rebuilt in the nineteenth century.