It is located in the south wing of Castelgrande, a ducal fortress restored by architect Aurelio Galfetti in the years 1980-91.
In the historical and archaeological place a summary of 6500 years of human presence on the hill, from the first Neolithic village to the 20th Century.
The historical-artistic section is part of a group of drawings (around 1470), which originally embellished the wooden ceiling of a magnificent fifteenth-century residence in the city center, which was demolished in 1970.
Guided Tours organized
Open all year:
- November - March/April: 10.30 am - 4 pm
- March/April - November: 10 am - 6 pm
- MUSEUMS History museums