Ingredients for 4 people:
- 600 gr of monkfish filet, cut in pieces of 4 cm of length (about 12-16 pieces)
- 6 dl of good Merlot
- 100 gr of shallot
- 200 gr of fresh butter
- 150 gr of carrots, leeks and celery cut in small sticks
- 150 gr of asparagus
- salt, pepper, parsley
1. Reduce the Merlot with the shallot, until there is only half dl remaining. Blend the butter, put salt and pepper. Leave the sauce on the side.
2. Braise the vegetables for about 2-3 minutes
3. Brown the monkfish pieces with little butter and add a little of good cognac.
Put the slices of monkfish in the centre of the plate, cover with the Merlot sauce, put the legumes below the fish and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve with rice.
Wine: Chablis 1er cru 1996 or Sauvignon del Collio 1996.
Recipe of Chef Marc Charpie