DOWNLOAD THE FULL RECIPE HERE
Preparation of the semolina disc:
- Boil the milk, add the semolina stirring vigorously cook for ten minutes, stir continuously, remove from heat and add an egg, continuing to stir for another minute, adjust with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin between two sheets of baking paper until it is an even thickness of 2 cm, leave to cool.
Preparation of the carrots in Marsala:
- Peel the carrots with a knife until they are flat, cook in salted water for 10 minutes, drain and dry on a sheet of paper.
- Heat a frying pan; add the knob of butter, the Marsala wine and then the carrots until they are evenly coated.
Preparation of the fillet:
- Take the fillet and cut it into 4 parts of 160 g, season with salt and pepper, in a pan put a little oil, thyme, rosemary and a clove of garlic, lay the fillets and brown them evenly on all sides, bake at 160 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a further 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut 4 discs of semolina with an 8 cm diameter pasta cutter and brown them on both sides with a knob of butter in a non-stick sauté.
- Slice the truffle at the end.
- Decorate the plate as in the photo.
A recipe by Alessandro Boleso, chef at Le Relais Restaurant at the Grand Hotel Villa Castagnola.