Building built on the foundations of a pre-existing fourteenth-century church dedicated to the Virgin and later enlarged; it was known as the chapel of the Virgin of the Cattanei. The general appearance was, however, considerably modified after the restoration of 1926 under the guidance of Giuseppe Weith.
The paintings on the facade were erased to make room for a fresco by Carlo Bonafedi depicting San Rocco, while the bell tower was raised. Inside, decorative stuccoes from the 18th century, paintings from the 17th century and a scagliola frontal by G. M. Pancaldi.
The wrought iron gates are a work of local craftsmanship from the 18th century.
The church was restored in the years 1996-97; on that occasion the presbytery was restructured.