2849
Image 0 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 1 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 2 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 3 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 4 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 5 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 6 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 7 - Chiesa di S. Andrea
Image 8 - Chiesa di S. Andrea

Chiesa di S. Andrea

The parish church of Sant'Andrea was built between 1700 and 1750 on a Renaissance building, of which only the baptistery chapel with some traces of 17th century frescoes remains. The paintings on the vault date back to the 19th century. In the chapel of the Madonna, a seventeenth-century statue. 
On the occasion of the restoration (1983) a new altar by the artist Ivo Soldini was laid.
In 1984 the new organ was inaugurated.
Near the church, in 1882, fragments of a Roman altar dedicated to Jupiter and Mercury, now in the Bellinzona museum, were found.