4720
Image 0 - Chiesa della SS. Trinità

Chiesa della SS. Trinità

Above the village of Monte Carasso, on a spur of rock, stands the church of the Holy Trinity. The massive building has a rectangular plan with a squat bell tower leaning against the choir. Inside, the nave, with two bays, is barrel vaulted; in the choir there is a polychrome altar in stucco (1704); frontal in scagliola by G. Maria Pancaldi (1750) with vine leaves, ears of corn, flowers and birds. The painted canvas depicting the Trinity is by Giosuè Oggioni (1784); the painting with the scene of the foundation of the Augustinian monastery dates back to the 17th century.