2885
Image 0 - Chiesa dei SS. Lorenzo e Agata

Chiesa dei SS. Lorenzo e Agata

The church of SS. Lorenzo and Agata dates back to the 13th century and was partially rebuilt in 1791.
On the external wall to the north is still legible a figure of St. Christopher of Byzantine line, dating from the twelfth and thirteenth centuries. The building, with a single nave and polygonal choir, contains an important fifteenth-century cycle of paintings.

On one wall the figures of Saints Roch, Sebastian and Jerome surrounded by the typical openwork frame bear a Gothic inscription with the signatures of Christopher and Nicholas of Seregno (1463); on the opposite wall (entering from the main door on the left) the Last Supper, the Flagellation and some Saints, frescoes by an unknown artist, brought to light in the sixties. On the same occasion, a fragment of Romanesque painting depicting the head of a monk was discovered.

 

Open all year round.
Keys with Mrs. Alfonso Marina, Rossura (tel. 091 866 12 39).