Photos: Laura Rabachin
With its privileged, sunny position on the south side of the Alps at 1650 meters above sea level, Carì is both a tourist destination and and residential area in Leventina valley. Sun, sport and recreation: the ideal combination for athletes and nature lovers.
In Winter, Carì changes into a charming winter resort. Near the middle station, at 2000 meters above sea level, is the Osteria Belvedere, a modern restaurant with a big panoramic terrace and a little playground. "Betulin du Lèi", at 2300 meters above sea level, is a nice meeting point at the arrival of the second chair lift and close to the Alpine lake "Lèi di Carì".
Near the chair lift exit there is a large, free parking lot. In the summer, it's possible to partake in various outdoorsactivities: mountain biking, paragliding, horseback riding and trekking, tennis, Nordic walking, hiking, excursions and trekking. These are just some of the opportunities that await you in Carì.
Carì can easily be reached by car, following the highway A2 towards San Gotthard until the exit Faido and then driving up the mountain road for another 12 km. Or take the train to Faido and then transfer to the bus to Carì.
Carì is situated at 150 km from Milan and 140 km from Zürich.
- Ski slopes 20 km
- Ski trails for giant slalom, downhill skiing and Super G, all validated FIS
- 1 trail for sledges and walk of 3 km
- 1 educational trail "Sentiero del Montanaro"
- 2 chair lifts
- 1 pony lift
- 1 skicarpet
- Snowpark "Spatasc"
- Scuola Svizzera si Sci e Snowboard Carì
- Snow'n'Rail offers wit the Swiss Railaways SBB/CFF/FFS
- VENUES Suitable for families , Alpine skiing and snowboard
- TRANSPORTS Funiculars - Cable cars