Ingredients for 4/6 people:
- 1 capon of 2.2 kg
- 1 savoy cabbage of medium size
- 2 big white leeks
- 24 baby onions
- oil, salt, pepper, fresh thyme, butter 1/2 l of red or white Merlot, garlic, white flour
1. Cut the thighs and strip them well. Cut the meat in 18 slices. After that, remove the chests off the breastbone. Leave everything on a plate.
2. Tear off the leaves of the savoy cabbage and let blanch an enough quantity that allows you to wrap up the chests. Clean the whites of the leeks (cut them to pieces forming sticks of about 5 cm each) and the baby onions.
3. Brown the chests and the thigh pieces in a pan with hot oil, after having sprinkled them with flour. Once everything is well coloured, remove from the fire and degrease a little. After that add the spices (salt, pepper, thyme, and garlic), butter and wine and let it reduce.
4. Once it is reduced, add the thigh pieces and let cook for 20 minutes, and then add onions, leeks and the chests wrapped in the savoy cabbage. For the last ten minutes, add the thigh pieces and cook again with the rest.
5. Lean on a plate and serve with potatoes or other.
Recipe of Waldis Ratti of Ristorante Rodolfo in Vira Gambarogno