Bikes and cuisine in Ticino: 40 kilometres of pure pleasure on the descent from Airolo to Biasca.
let the bike do the work over this stretch of Veloland route no. 3. Beautiful scenery and cultural attractions await you:
- the old Dazio Grande customs house in Rodi-Fiesso
- the Romanesque churches of San Nicolao in Giornico and Santi Pietro e Paolo in Biasca
- the imposing Biaschina viaduct on the Gotthard motorway
And of course sample Ticino cuisine in one of the many traditional taverns and osterias en route.
Collection of the bicycle from the Rent a Bike Center at Airolo station (9 a.m.–2.15 p.m.); return at Biasca station (up to 5.30 p.m.).
Route: Airolo station – Piotta – Faido – Giornico – Biasca station
- Route lenght: 40 km
- Difference in altitude: 850 m
- Time needed: 2-3 hours
- Suitability: difficult, for advanced cyclists (speedy descents)
- Signalisation: Veloland-route no. 3 - SwitzerlandMobility
- Attractions: visit to the old customs house Dazio Grande, incl. the museum in Rodi-Fiesso; visit to the Romanesque church San Nicolao and the Leventina Museum in Giornico (museum open Tuesday to Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. upon request)
Biking among grottos is tastier!
You will not only live enchanting experiences within the Leventina valleys, but you will also have the chance to take a break in one of the grottos located nearby the activity’s route. There is nothing better than recharging your batteries with a well-deserved and delightful traditional Ticino dish.
Locanda Dazio Grande
Grotto dei Pescatori