These biscuits, the "bones of the dead", are linked to the practices of the Day of the Dead, on November 2nd. This is the reason for the somewhat macabre name. They are almond biscuits, flat and rather hard to chew. A recipe from Val di Blenio dating back to 1780 has been found in Ticino. (Source: Patrimoine culinaire)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper;
- Preheat the oven at 160 °C;
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well;
- Roll out the dough and cut it into strips to give shape to the cookies;
- Bake in the oven at 160 °C for 10 minutes.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties