- Peel and coarsely chop carrots, onions and celeriac;
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in cold water;
- Soak bread in milk;
- Peel the thyme and chop it;
- Mince the meat, carrots, onions, celery and bread with a meat grinder;
- Add eggs and thyme to the mixture and season (salt, pepper);
- Make meatballs of 80 gr.;
- Dust the meatballs with flour and sauté them in oil;
- Deglass with white wine and pass the reduction (keep the reduction aside);
- Bake the meatballs in hot air oven for 20-30 minutes, at 180°C.
For the sauce:
- Lightly chop the porcini mushrooms and stew them;
- Add reduction and demi-glace;
- Refine with cream.
A typical traditional recipe from Ticino reworked by SSSAT (Swiss Italian Tourism and Hotel Management School of Bellinzona).
- TYPICAL PRODUCTS Specialties