With its breathtaking views over Lake Maggiore from the Bardüghe Alp, the hut is reached via a winding but effortless track, making it well suited to family outings. The walk from the village of S. Antonio near Vogorno takes 2.5 hours (of which half an hour along paved roads and the rest along trails).
The paved sections are accessible to motor vehicles. The stunning location is worth even only a day trip to the hut, which also sells beverages to hikers.
Number of beds 12
Meals Self-catering facilities
Beverages These are available even in the absence of the warden
- From Vogorno-S.Antonio via Costapiana 2 h and 30 minutes
- Postbus to Vogorrno (S.Antonio)
- Traverses To Borgna hut in 4 h
Excursions: Alpe Vicium – Monti della Gana, Cortoi, Costapiana, Agriturismo Odro – Stavell - Costapiana
Climbs: Pizzo Vogorno (2442 m) – Madone (2395 m) – C. d'Uomo (2390 m)
Opening period, prices and other information: click here.
- LOCATION In the mountains , View on the lake , Panoramic view
- SERVICES Soft drinks sales
- FACILITIES Shower , Use of the kitchen area , Mobile network